Give your kitchen a break tonight and fire up the grill. But don’t just the same old burgers and plain dogs. Try something fun like my Loaded Turkey Burgers. Make them like me or use your favorite ingredients to make your own loaded burger. Your tummy will thank you and your house will stay a little bit cooler this summer.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need measuring cups and spoons, a large spoon or rubber spatula, a large bowl, an offset spatula (pancake turner), a knife and cutting board, and the grill
If you are not allowed to use a knife or the grill by yourself, you can ask an adult for help.
ChefElla’s Loaded Turkey Burgers (6-7 Burgers)
1 lb. Ground Turkey or your favorite ground meat for burgers.
4 oz. Crimini or Portabella Mushrooms, Minced (Chopped to look like ground meat)
½ Cup Cheddar Cheese, Small Diced (about 2 oz.)
½ Cup Turkey Bacon, Small Diced (about 2.5 oz.)
1 tsp Maggi Seasoning, Kitchen Bouquet, or Liquid Aminos
¼ tsp Salt, Kosher or Sea
¼ tsp Black Pepper, Ground
¼ tsp Garlic, Granulated or Fresh Minced
3. Prepare all of your ingredients. Place all of your ingredients except the ground turkey into your large bowl and mix well.
4. Add your ground turkey to your large bowl and mix well until all of the ingredients are incorporated. The meat should not have that pink look but kind of a brown color from the Maggi.
5. Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
6. Spray a baking sheet or large plate with pan spray. Using a 1/3 cup measure scoop out your loaded burger. Form the loaded burger into patties and place on your baking sheet. If you like larger burgers you can use a larger cup measurement. Please understand that if you make larger burgers they will take longer to cook. Spray the turkey burgers with pan spray.
7. Add your loaded turkey to the grill. They should not be touching. Do not put your burgers directly over the flame or they will burn.
8. Cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they reach an internal temperature of 165F.
9. Serve your burgers on your favorite breads or buns and top with your favorite toppings.
You can make your own loaded burgers by using your favorite ingredients. Try different cheeses like blue, swiss, parmesan, or pepper jack. Try different additions like chorizo sausage, roasted vegetables, salsa, pepper bacon, scallions, peppers, pepperoni, olives, roasted corn, or even hearty greens.
ChefElla’s helpers can help by:
Measuring the ingredients
Adding the ingredients to the bowl
Mixing the burgers
Making the burger patties
Older helpers can help by:
Placing the burgers on the grill
Turning the burgers on the grill