I could not decide what was better, fresh baked cookies or cookie dough, so this week I decided to combine the two so I wouldn’t have to choose. My Brown Sugar Cookie Dough Sandwiches are made from fresh baked brown sugar cookies and eggless chocolate chip cookie dough. No eggs make the cookie dough safe to eat which great because you might just want to eat a little extra before they get into the cookies. These cookies are so good that they may not make it out of the house for any of your friends to try.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need measuring cups and spoons, a baking sheet, a hand mixer or stand mixer with paddle, a small ice cream scoop if you have one, an offset spatula, and the oven.
If you are not allowed to use the oven or mixer by yourself, you can ask an adult for help.
ChefElla’s Brown Sugar Cookie Dough Sandwiches (about 15 sandwiches)
Brown Sugar Cookies
¾ Cup Butter, Sliced (1 ½ sticks)
1 ¼ Cups Brown Sugar, Loose Pack (Dark or Light)
2 ea. Eggs, Large
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 ¼ Cups Flour, A.P. (All Purpose)
1 Tbl. Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt, Kosher or Sea
Safe to Eat Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
½ Cup Butter, Sliced (1 stick)
¾ Cup Brown Sugar, Loose Pack (Dark or Light)
¼ Cup White Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
5 Tbl. Milk (You can substitute Almond, Soy, Pea, or any other kind of milk)
1 Cup Flour, A.P. (All Purpose)
½ Cup Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet, or your favorite kind of chocolate
-You can use more if you like
Optional: You can add nuts, candies, dried fruit, or any of your favorite ingredients.
3. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. To make the brown sugar cookies, in a small bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt for the brown sugar cookies.
5. Add the sliced butter and brown sugar to the bowl of your mixer and turn on speed 2 or 3. The mixture will begin to look like crumbles. Turn the mixer to speed 3 or 4 and let the paddle cream (when the butter and sugar get whipped together) the butter and sugar. When the butter and sugar are whipped add your vanilla and eggs to the bowl and blend on speed 2 or 3 until the eggs are mixed into the butter and sugar.
6. Turn off the mixer and scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl. Add about ½ cup of the flour mixture and mix for 10-15 seconds on speed 1 or 2. Add the remainder of the flour and mix for 20-30 more seconds or until the flour is incorporated into the butter. Turn off the mixer scrape the sides and bottom one more time and mix for another 10 seconds.
7. Scoop your brown sugar cookie batter onto the baking sheet. If you do not have a scooper use two tablespoons. Scoop the batter with one spoon, and scrape it off the spoon onto the baking sheet with the other spoon.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes. The top of the cookie should be golden and the edges and bottom of the cookie should be a golden brown color. Remove from the baking sheet and repeat the process until all of the cookie batter is gone. Let the cookies cool.
9. To make the safe to eat cookie dough, wash your mixing bowl and paddle, and put back on the mixer. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, and sliced butter to the bowl and cream the butter and sugar. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until they are incorporated into the butter and sugar. Turn off the mixer and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add half of the flour and mix for 10-15 seconds. Add the remainder of the flour and mix for 20-30 more seconds or until the flour is incorporated into the butter. Turn off the mixer scrape the sides and bottom one more time and mix for another 10 seconds.
10. Add your chocolate chip and mix for 10 more seconds. Remove the bowl from the mixer.
11. Take one of your cookies and scoop some of your chocolate chip cookie dough onto the bottom of the cookie. Top the cookie dough with another cookie and twist as you push down to make your sandwich. The twisting will help the cookie dough spread.
Dip your cookie into sprinkles, chopped nuts, or candies to add a really fun twist to your Brown Sugar Cookie Dough Sandwich.
ChefElla’s helpers can help by:
Measuring the ingredients
Adding the ingredients to the mixer
Scooping the cookies onto the baking sheet
Making the cookie sandwiches
Older helpers can help by:
Running the mixer
Baking the cookies