Valentine’s Day isn’t about buying things for the people you love it is about showing the people in your life how much they mean to you. Nothing says I love you, or be my Valentine like making something for those special people in your life. My Dark Chocolate Cherry Cheese Cake Bites are just the thing to show your Valentines just what they mean to you.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe, you will need measuring cups, a hand or stand mixer with a whisk, a rubber spatula, a small ice cream scoop, a small whisk or fork, a medium microwaveable bowl.
For my recipe I used dark chocolate and cherry pie filling. For your recipe you can use your favorite chocolate and blueberry, apricot, peach, or lemon pie filling, jam, or jelly
If you are not allowed to use the mixer by yourself, you can ask an adult for help.
ChefElla’s Dark Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Bites (36 servings)
8 oz. Cream Cheese
¾ Cup Cherry Pie Filling (About ½ of a 21 oz. can)
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
½ Cup Water
1 Packet Gelatin (.25 oz)
18-20 oz. Dark Chocolate
Garnish with colored sprinkles, candy toppings, nuts, or cocoa powder.
3. Add cream cheese and powdered sugar to the mixing bowl and mix on medium until the cream cheese is smooth and the sugar is mixed in.
4. Add the cherry pie filling and mix on low until the cherries are incorporated into the cream cheese.
5. Heat ½ cup water to a boil in the microwave or on the stove. Add the gelatin to the boiling water and mix well until the gelatin is dissolved into the water.
6. Turn the mixer on low and add the gelatin a little at a time until it is all mixed into the cream cheese. Put the cream cheese mixture into a bowl, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to let the cream cheese set up.
7. Line a tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
8. Add 1/3 of your chocolate to your microwaveable bowl. Heat for 20 seconds. Remove and mix with a spoon. Repeat the process until the chocolate is just smooth. Do not overheat the chocolate or it will curdle and be unsuable
9. With your small scoop, scoop the cream cheese mixture and drop into the melted chocolate. Scoop the cream cheese ball out with a spoon and using a knife or another spoon push the cream cheese bite onto the lined tray.
10. Sprinkle immediately with your toppings while the chocolate is still wet.
11. Repeat the process until all of your cheesecake bites are done. As your chocolate cools you can put it in the microwave for 5-6 seconds at a time to reheat. Add more chocolate and heat to melt as needed.
12. Refrigerate your cheesecake bites for 1 hour to set before serving.
ChefElla’s helpers can help by:
Adding the ingredients to the mixing bowl
Turning on the mixer or helping run the hand mixer
Older helpers can help by:
Making the recipe with a little guidance.