There is nothing like a good snack, and the only thing better than that, is a warm homemade snack. My Peanut Butter Banana Bread is easy to make and easy for you to make your own. Add your favorite ingredients to the batter to make it your new favorite snack. This recipe can also be used to make muffins, but keep in mind the cooking time will change. Freeze your muffins or bread slices for later. Reheat in a toaster oven or just put into your lunch to share at school or the office. You will definitely make new friends with this recipe.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe, you will need measuring cups and spoons, a hand or stand mixer, a rubber spatula, a medium bowl, a loaf pan and the oven.
Make your recipe your own by adding chocolate pieces, chopped nuts, or your favorite ingredients.
If you would like to make Elvis’ Peanut Butter and Bacon Banana Bread, slice 12 oz. of thick sliced bacon into pieces, cook until just getting crisp, drain and add to your bread before baking.
You can also make your Peanut Butter Banana Bread into muffins.
If you are not allowed to use a mixer or oven by yourself, you can ask an adult for help.
ChefElla’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread (One Loaf)
4 Tbl Butter, Cut into small pieces
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
3 ea. Bananas, Ripe
½ Cup Peanut Butter, Smooth (you can substitute almond, cashew, or sunflower butter)
¼ Cup Milk, Almond Milk or any other Milk Substitute
1 tsp Vanilla
2 ea. Eggs, Large
1 2/3 Cup All Purpose Flour (you can substitute AP Gluten Free Flour if you prefer)
1 tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Cinnamon, Ground
3. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. Add your butter and brown sugar to your mixing bowl, and using the paddle attachment cream your butter and brown sugar. Creaming means to beat the ingredients until they are creamy in texture. 2-3 minutes.
5. Add you bananas, peanut butter, vanilla and milk to the bowl. If your bananas are still a little firm just cut them into small pieces before adding to the bowl. Mix until all of the ingredients become smooth and there are no large chunks of banana left. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed well.
6. Add your eggs to the bowl and mix until they are incorporated into the other ingredients.
7. In your medium bowl mix your flour, baking soda and powder, and cinnamon.
8. Turn your mixer to low and add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix until the flour is just incorporated. If you are adding other ingredients like chocolate or nuts add them now.
9. Scrape your batter into your loaf pan. Place in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes.
10. Check the doneness of the bread by poking a toothpick or small sharp knife into the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean, no wet batter attached, then the loaf is done.
11. Remove the loaf and let it sit for 10-15 minutes so that it cools and releases from the pan.
Serve your Peanut Butter Banana Bread with warm butter, honey, or your favorite toppings.
ChefElla’s helpers can help by:
Measuring out the ingredients
Adding the ingredients to the mixing bowl
Running the mixer with supervision
Older helpers can help by:
Making the recipe with a little guidance.