Unicorn foods are everywhere. Unicorn smoothies, cotton candy, cakes, coffees, toast, donuts, coffee, and even something called unicorn poop. While I don’t generally try to jump on a trend I thought maybe some of you would like to make your own unicorn food. It may be a little too hot to bake anything so I thought a No-Bake Unicorn Cheesecake would be a great dessert for any summer meal. And if the unicorn thing is not for you, you can substitute your favorite ingredients to make your own no-bake cheesecake.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need measuring cups and spoons, large spoon or rubber spatula, a large bowl, a spring form pan or 9-10 in casserole pan, a hand or stand mixer.
If you are not allowed to use a hand or stand by yourself, you can ask an adult for help.
ChefElla’s No-Bake Unicorn Cheesecake (8-10 Pieces)
1 lb. Cream Cheese (2-8 oz. Blocks)
7 oz. Marshmallow Fluff (1 jar)
2 Tbl. Sugar
1 Tbl. Milk or Unflavored Almond, Soy, Pea or other alternate milk
1 Tbl. Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Mini Marshmallows Pastel Colored
4 Cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal (or other cereal maker’s version)
6 Tbl. Butter, Melted (salted or unsalted)
Toppings as Needed: Sprinkles, Edible Glitter, Colored Candies, Colored Icings, or your favorite colorful topping.
3. Place your cereal in a gallon sized re-sealable bag, or a couple smaller re-sealable bags and close getting as much air out as possible. With the back of a large spoon or rolling pin, gently smash the cereal. You want to break the flakes into smaller pieces but not crush them. You want to be able to tell the colors of the flakes apart.
4. Add the cereal to your large bowl. Melt your butter in a small pan or in the microwave and pour over the cereal. Gently mix with a spoon to coat the cereal with the butter.
5. Pour the cereal into your spring form pan. Spread the cereal evenly over the bottom of the pan and work the cereal up the sides of the pan to create the cheese cake crust. It will be a little loose at this point. Place the crust into the refrigerator to cool and set for 10-15 minutes.
6. Using your whisk attachment, add the cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, vanilla, sugar, and milk to the mixing bowl and whisk for 2-3 minutes. Stop the mixer. Scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl and mix for another 1-2 minutes. Remove the whisk and bowl from the stand mixer and mix in the mini marshmallows by hand.
7. When your crust has set pour your cream cheese mixture into the middle of the crust. Spread the cheese cake batter evenly over the crust and to the sides by pushing the batter out to the sides from the middle. When the batter is spread out evenly, smooth out the top of the cake.
8. Chill the cheesecake for 2-3 hours before serving. Decorate the top of your cheesecake as you like using your favorite toppings.
To adults this cake might seem a little too sweet, a little to colorful, and a little to glittery, but that is the fun of a no-bake unicorn cheesecake. And if you are not into the unicorn thing substitute your favorite candies, cookies, or cereals for your cake base, try different additions or flavors for your cream cheese filling, and top your cheesecake however you would like to make your own favorite no-bake cheesecake.
ChefElla’s helpers can help by:
Measuring the ingredients
Adding the ingredients to the bowl
Mixing the ingredients
Forming the cheesecake base
Spreading the cheese cake filling
And of course decorating the cheesecake
Older helpers can help by:
Running the mixer