Snacks are great, and healthy snacks that taste good, are even better. We do not always have time to make snacks so we end up buying snacks that really aren’t that good for us. My Chocolate Protein Bites are quick to make and do not require any cooking. Throw a couple in a bag for your snack or store them in the refrigerator or freezer for another time.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need measuring cups and spoons, a medium bowls, a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
ChefElla’s Chocolate Protein Bites (about 18-20 bites)
1 ea. Banana, Ripe (1/2 Cup)
1 Cup Almond Meal / Flour
6 Tbl. Vanilla Protein Powder (your favorite kind)
½ Cup Coconut, Shredded, Sweetened or Unsweetened
5 Tbl. Cocoa Powder
½ Cup Mini M&M’s or Chocolate Chips
1 tsp Vanilla
3. Using a large fork, smash your banana in your bowl with the vanilla into a mush.
4. Add the almond meal, coconut, and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the bowl and mix.
5. Continue to mix and mash the ingredients until they are well combined.
6. Mix in the M&M’s.
7. Using a small scooper or tablespoon scoop out the protein bites.
8. Place 2 tablespoons of the cocoa powder on to a plate. Drop the bites into the cocoa powder to coat with cocoa. Tap off any extra cocoa and store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.
Try your protein bites with nuts, dried fruit, or your favorite ingredients.
ChefElla’s helpers can help by:
Measuring the ingredients
Mixing the protein bites
Scooping and shaping the protein bites
Older helpers can help by:
Mashing the banana