It is still party season. New Year’s is almost upon us and the big game is coming up soon after. Sure you can serve wings, meatballs, and chips and dip, but why not make something a little different for your guests. My Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart is just the thing. It tastes like garlic knots, French bread, and pizza dippers all rolled into one. Plus, it is really cool looking. My Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart will definitely become one of your new favorite recipes for you and your guests.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need a measuring cups and spoons, a microwaveable bowl, a medium size bowl, a knife and cutting board, a bundt or angel food cake pan, the oven and the microwave.
If you are not allowed to use a knife, the oven or microwave by yourself, you can ask an adult for help.
ChefElla’s Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart (10-12 servings)
2 ea. Pizza Dough, Crusts (13.8 oz. each) I found mine in the refrigerated section at the store.
10 Tbl. Butter, Unsalted (1 Stick + 2 Tbl.)
1 ½ tsp Garlic Fresh, Minced (or ½ tsp granulated garlic)
¼ tsp Salt, Kosher or Sea
1 Tbl. Parsley Flakes, or Fresh Minced Parsley
¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
1 ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
As Needed Pan Spray
3. Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
4. Roll out your pizza crust into a rectangle shape. Cut the crust vertically into 8 strips. Cut the crust horizontally in half and then cut each half in half. You should end up with 1 ½ inch dough squares. Roll all of the squares into balls.
5. Spray your bundt pan with pan spray and sprinkle ½ of the parmesan into the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella into the bottom of the pan.
6. Put the butter into your microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. If the butter is melted remove from the microwave. If not microwave for another 20-30 seconds.
7. To make the garlic butter, add garlic, salt and parsley to the butter and mix well. Add two tablespoons of the garlic butter to your medium bowl. Add 5 or 6 pieces of dough to the medium bowl and coat with the butter mixture. Add the dough to the bundt pan placing each piece next to the last to create a circle.
8. Repeat the process adding more butter as needed until you have coated ½ of the dough balls. Top the dough balls in the pan with the other ½ of the parmesan, ½ cup of mozzarella and sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons of the garlic butter.
9. Coat the remaining dough balls and add to your bundt pan. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella over the dough balls and pour the remaining garlic butter evenly over the dough.
10. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, just until the dough begins to brown.
11. Remove the bundt pan from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
12. Place a plate over the bundt pan. Using a towel, because the pan will still be warm, hold the plate to the bundt pan and flip the pan over. The cheesy garlic pull apart will fall onto the plate.
Serve your cheesy garlic pull apart with ranch dip, cheese sauce, alfredo, spicy tomato sauce (Arrabiata), or your favorite dipping sauce.
ChefElla’s helpers can help by:
Measuring the ingredients
Mixing the butter
Rolling the dough balls
Coating the dough and building the pull apart
Older helpers can help by:
Making the whole recipe with a little guidance