Roasted rosemary sweet potatoes. You can do so many things with them. Serve them as a side with your meal. Serve them cold with a salad. Use them as a base for a bowl instead of rice. They are great anywhere, and they are really easy to make. If you don’t like sweet potatoes this recipe works great for other types of potatoes, squash, or any of your favorite root vegetables.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need measuring cups and spoons, a knife and cutting board, a large bowl, a blender, a cookie sheet and the oven.
If you are not allowed to use a knife, oven, or blender by yourself you can ask an adult for help.
ChefElla’s Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes (4-6 servings)
2 ½ lbs. Sweet Potatoes, Peeled, Large Dice
-If you do not like sweet potatoes you can substitute any other kind of roasting potato, root vegetable, or squash (Changing ingredients may change the cooking time).
1/3 Cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
1 ½ tsp Garlic, Fresh, Minced
¼ Cup Rosemary Leaves, Loose Packed
-To remove rosemary leaves hold the middle of the stem of the rosemary with the leaves pointing down. Using your fingers pinch around the stem and draw the leaves away from the stem by pulling up. Pulling all of the leaves in the opposite direction makes them come off of the stem quickly and easily. Remove ½ of the leaves and then the other half of the leaves.
1 ½ tsp Salt, Kosher or Sea
1 tsp Black Pepper
3. Preheat your oven to 425F.
4. Add oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary leaves to your blender. Blend for 25-30 seconds or until the rosemary leaves are cut into tiny pieces.
5. Line your cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Mix the diced sweet potatoes with the rosemary marinade in your large bowl.
6. Spread the sweet potatoes evenly over your cookie sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes start to get a little brown around the edges.
These potatoes are great with dinner or served cold for lunch the next day. If you have any leftovers they also make a great base for sweet potato hash, or as a base for a sweet potato dinner bowl.
ChefElla’s helpers can help by:
Measuring the ingredients
Picking the rosemary
Adding the ingredients to the blender
Mixing the sweet potatoes with the marinade
Older helpers can help by:
Peeling and cutting the vegetables
Setting the oven temperature and timer