A sweet treat is always fun especially when it is easy to make. While my recipe for Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brownies may have a couple of ingredients that you would not normally use, they taste great, and the little changes do make them healthier for you. So do something unexpected for your friends or family and surprise them with my easy to make brownies. And you might want to make two batches so you have some extra just for you.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need measuring cups and spoons, the oven, a food processor (or blender), and a (8X8 or 9X9) baking pan.
If you are not allowed to use the oven or food processor by yourself you can ask an adult to help.
ChefElla’s Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brownies (6-8 Servings)
1 Cup Milk
1 ea. Egg
½ Cup A.P. Flour or Gluten Free Flour
1 ea. Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed (15 oz. can)
¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
½ Cup Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened
1 Cup Frozen Raspberries, Thawed (1 – 10 oz. Package)
¼ Cup Vegetable Oil, OR 1 Tbl Chia Seeds with 6 Tbl Water
-Mix Chia seeds with water. Let the Chia rehydrate for 10 minutes before using. Pour chia and water into batter when instructed.
1 Tbl Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt, Kosher or Sea
2 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips, you can use semi-sweet or milk if you prefer.
3. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
4. Add milk, egg, raspberries, and black beans to your food processor. Blend until the ingredients are smooth.
5. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the dark chocolate chips and blend until the remaining ingredients are mixed into the batter 30 – 45 seconds.
6. Spray baking dish with pan spray and pour in ½ of the batter.
7. Sprinkle ½ cup of the chocolate chips over the batter. Pour the rest of the batter over the chocolate chips. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips over the top of the brownie mix.
8. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Insert a knife or toothpick into the brownies. If it comes out clean remove the brownies from the oven and let cool. If it does not come out clean bake for an additional 2-3 minutes and check again.
ChefElla’s helpers can help by:
Measuring out ingredients
Adding the ingredients in the food processor
Pressing the buttons on the food processor
Older helpers can help by pouring the mix into the pan and checking to see if the brownies are done.