I don’t know about you but I can never seem to eat all of the bananas at home before they go bad. I hate to throw away food, and while I really like banana bread (ChefElla’s Moms After School Banana Bread) you can only eat banana bread so many times. So this week I decided to do something different with my left over bananas. This peanut butter banana cream pie is an easy to make, no bake, reason to let some bananas go bad just so you can have some pie recipe. And if you make it before dinner it will definitely be ready for dessert.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need a food processor (cuisinart), a small knife, measuring cups, and a rubber spatula.
If you are not allowed to use a knife or food processor by yourself you can ask an adult for help.
ChefElla’s Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie (6-8 Servings)
6 oz. Chocolate Cookies, (about 1 ½ cups ground)
(I used a brand that looked like little fish, but you can use your favorite kind)
¼ Cup Butter
1 ¼ Cup Milk
¼ Cup Peanut Butter, Smooth
1 pkg Vanilla Pudding, Instant, No Bake
2 Med. Bananas, Ripe
1 Lg. Banana Ripe
1 ea. 9 in Pie Tin
3. Add cookies to your food processer and blend cookies until they are in crumbs. Melt butter and add to the crumbs. Blend until the butter mixes with the cookie crumbs and the mixture looks wet.
4. Using your hands or a spoon push the cookie crumb mixture into the pie tin. Make sure you work the crumbs up the sides of the pie tin. Try to make sure that the crumbs are an even thickness over the whole pan. When all of the cookie crumbs are even thickness and patted to the sides and bottom of the pan place the crust in the refrigerator.
5. Rinse out your food processor bowl, blade, and top and return to the food processor.
6. Add peanut butter and milk to the food processor. Break or cut your two medium bananas into small pieces and add to the bowl.
7. Blend the ingredients until they are smooth or liquid consistency 2-3 minutes.
8. Take your pie shell out of the refrigerator. Add vanilla pudding mixture to the food processor and blend for another 2 minutes.
9. Pour blended pudding into your pie shell. Put pie into the refrigerator to set for around 1 hour.
10. Slice large banana into thin pieces. Arrange the banana pieces on top of the pie. Top with whipped cream and serve.
If you do not like peanut butter you can leave it out of the recipe. If you like to try new things, try making your pie crust out of something different like pretzels, different kinds of cookies, or you can even use fruit for the bottom.