During the holidays it is fun to make something new to share with all of your friends. During Thanksgiving I love the desserts, but it is so hard to pick just one. This week I made a recipe combining my two favorite desserts, cheesecake and pumpkin pie. Cheesecake can seem like such a difficult dessert to make but in reality it is really easy to make. So give it a try, have a great Thanksgiving, and enjoy the Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake.
For this recipe you will need to use a mixer and the oven. If you not allowed to use a mixer and the oven by yourself you can have a grown up help.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need measuring spoons and cups, a 9 or 10 inch spring form pan, a large mixing bowl and hand mixer or a stand mixer, a medium mixing bowl, thin knife or metal spatula, and a rubber spatula.
ChefElla's Pumpkin Pie Cheese Cake (This recipe will make 1 - 9inch cake)
1 3/4 Cups Vanilla Wafers, Crumbs (3 1/2 cups whole cookies)
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
1/2 Cup Butter, Melted (1 stick of butter, 1/4 lb.)
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 pkg Cream Cheese (8 oz each)
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
15 oz Pumpkin, Canned
4 ea Eggs
1/3 Cup Milk
1/8 Cup Caramel Topping
1 3/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk (1 1/2 cans)
1 tsp Vanilla
3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
3. Preheat oven to 350F. Wrap spring form bottom tray with aluminum foil. Tighten the collar around the tray. Spray the inside of the pan with pan spray. Put vanilla wafers in a ziplock freezer bag and crush with a spoon or rolling pin until the cookies are crumbs.
4. Melt butter in the microwave. Mix butter, vanilla cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in your medium bowl until all of the ingredients are coated with butter and sugar. Press mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan into an even layer. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cheesecake base cool. Turn the oven down to 300F.
5. In your stand mixing bowl add cream cheese, brown sugar, canned pumpkin, and pumpkin spice. Mix on slow to medium with the paddle attachment until all of the ingredients are mixed and smooth.
6. Add eggs one at a time until each one is just blended in. Add milk, caramel topping, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk and mix until well blended. Pour mixture over the crust.
7. Place cheesecake on a baking sheet and bake at 300F. for 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until edges of the cheesecake is set at least 2 inches from the edge of the pan, but the center of the cheesecakes still jiggles slightly. Turn off the oven and open the door 4 inches. Let cheesecake sit in oven for 30 minutes.
8. Remove cheesecake from the oven and loosen the cake from the sides of the pan using a thin knife or metal spatula. Let cheesecake sit for 30 minutes. Put cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight.
9. Remove cheesecake from the refrigerator. Loosen the cake from the sides of the pan one more time. Loosen the collar and remove from the cheesecake.
Slice Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake and serve with whipped cream, nuts, ice cream or one of your favorite toppings.