We all know someone who is gluten sensitive, has a gluten allergy, or is not eating gluten for their health. Gluten is a protein composite found in wheat and related grains, including barley and rye. Gluten gives elasticity to dough, and helps it rise and keep its shape. Gluten also gives bread and pastas their chewy texture. While gluten intolerance may not hurt someone right away it will make them feel bad and cause long term damage if they keep eating it. If you have friends or family who are gluten free it can be hard to know what to feed them. When you make this recipe they will be so happy to eat with you. So surprise them today with my famous gluten free pancakes.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need measuring spoons and cups, a large non-stick sauté pan, a large mixing bowl, a small mixing bowl, a pancake turner, and a whisk.
ChefElla's Gluten Free Pancakes (This recipe will make 4-6 servings)
1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
2 Tbl. Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cups Almond Milk
1/2 Cup Egg Whites
2 ea. Eggs
1/3 Cup Truvia, Baking Blend
2 Tbl. Vanilla
2 Tbl. Vegetable Oil
3. In your small mixing bowl mix rice flour, coconut flour, and baking powder.
4. In your large mixing bowl mix almond milk, egg whites, eggs, truvia, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Mix until all of the ingredients are blended together.
5. Mix dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. Mix until all of the lumps are gone and the pancake batter is smooth.
6. Preheat your large sauce pan to medium heat.
7. When the pan is hot, using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop pancake mix into pan.
8. When the edges of the pancake start to set and you start to see bubbles around the edges flip the pancakes over. If the pancake looks too dark, the pan is too hot, turn the heat down.
9. Let the pancake cook for 1-2 more minutes and remove from the pan.
Top your pancakes with syrup, fruit, sprinkles, chocolate chips, whipped cream, jelly, peanut butter, or any of your favorite toppings.