Sometimes my Dad makes dinner for us. He only knows how to makes a few dishes, but they are really good. He said he learned to make this dish from my Grandma. It is not fancy, and it is not for every night, but I always look forward to him making it, and to me eating it. This is a great recipe for you to teach your Dad how to cook.
For this recipe you will need to use the stove and a knife. If you are not allowed to use the stove or a knife by yourself you can have a grown up help.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need measuring cups and spoons, a heat proof rubber spatula, a large mixing bowl, a saute pan, a pot for cooking pasta, a strainer , a knife and a cutting board.
ChefElla's Crispy Chicken with Garlic Butter Noodles
Ingredients: (This recipe will make 4 servings.)
1 Lbs. Chicken Tenders, Raw, or Chicken Breast Sliced into long Strips
4 Tbl. Olive Oil
2 Tbl. All Purpose Flour
-If you want to make this recipe gluten free you can use a gluten free flour.
6-7oz Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Raw (1/2 a box)
-If you want to make this recipe gluten free you can use a gluten free pasta.
1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, Cut In Half
1 Tbl. Butter or Butter Substitute
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic
1/8 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Oregano Leaves, Dried
Garnish Parmesan Cheese
Garnish Fresh Basil, Chopped or Scallions, Thin Sliced.
3. Cook pasta according to the directions on the box and drain.
4. Return your pot back to the stove and turn on low. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and butter to your
pot. When the butter melts add tomatoes and pasta back to the pot and mix well.
5. Sprinkle salt, garlic, paprika and oregano to your pasta and tomatoes and mix well.
6. Pre-heat your saute pan on low.
7. In your large mixing bowl mix chicken and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the chicken is
coated sprinkle flour over chicken and mix well until the flour coats the chicken.
8. Turn your pan to medium high. When the pan is hot lay each piece of chicken in the pan. Let the
chicken cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook for and additional 2-3 minutes.
9. Serve pasta with chicken and top with Parmesan Cheese, fresh chopped
Basil or Scallions.
This is a quick and easy dish to make and enjoy with family and friends.